![]() |
| Image by Alfonso Cerezo from Pixabay |
Real change didn’t begin when I became more positive. It began when I stopped denying how I truly felt.
Ever since I was young, I was taught not to be too expressive. When I cried, the first thing my family did was to stop me. To them, being emotional is a nuisance. They would either shout at me or do something that would pacify me. Nobody ever taught me to admit to my true feelings and express them freely.
I’ve loved exploring astrology since I was young—different practices, visiting different practitioners. Until a decade ago, I came across the law of attraction. One of my favourites would be Abraham Hicks. I followed them for a little over 10 years. Everything was great until it wasn’t. Let me be clear. LOA is great only if you are not forcing yourself.
In the beginning, everything was amazing until the 8th year. Through LOA, I learnt that many unfortunate incidents were not caused by bad luck but by my beliefs. After that, my life took a huge turn, from the 8th year onwards. I was facing a huge financial crisis, and I didn’t know what to do.
As I continued trying to reach a higher vibration, to feel better and think positively, everything backfired. I was trying very hard to manifest a better situation but ended up feeling even more depressed, more withered, and yet, nothing’s changed. That’s when I began to realise, I was trying to force an outcome and completely ignoring how I truly felt. We grew up with people frequently telling us to think positively, to be happy, and so on. Hardly anyone would tell us to admit our true feelings. This is something many of us miss. Admitting how we truly feel does feel better.
When we feel miserable and sad, we cry. When we feel angry, we want to express it. We complain, get frustrated, grumble, or whatever it may be.
The true transformation deep within can only happen when we admit to who we truly are and how we truly feel. Denying it only delays it.
I occasionally write personal reflections for those who want to understand their patterns more clearly.
If you’re ready to see what may be keeping you stuck, click here.
